Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Bucking Horse and Rider




The bucking horse and rider, an icon for the state of Wyoming. This symbol dates back to 1918 or perhaps eariler. Some believe that the symbol is representative of a legendary rodeo horse named "Steamboat" dating back to the early 1900's. One of the best known bucking horses of all time, Steamboat was known as "the horse that couldn't be ridden." There has been a great deal of dispute as to the image of the man on the bucking horse. One thing I do know... you can't go through Wyoming without seeing this trademark symbol every where. I love this symbol.












I traveled through Wyoming this past week. The weather was perfect. The sky was stunning. The countryside before my eyes seemed endless. I rolled down the window and took this picturesque day, all in.

                                       

2 comments: